203

Monthly Archives: April 2013

Texas Thunder Festival Organizers to Help West, Texas

 

Organizers of the Texas Thunder Music Festival have announced they will donate 100 percent of net proceeds from this year’s event to benefit schools and first-responder personnel in the town of West, Texas, site of an April 17 explosion at a fertilizer plant (more…)

Posted in Newswire | Leave a comment

Fargen Adds Imagine Model to Lennon-Inspired Amp Series

 

Fargen Amplification’s Imagine series amplifier is the third model in its line of amps that pays homage to John Lennon. Hand-made in California, the amps’ circuit adds a Decade Switch to augments the previous versions’ ’60s and ’70s settings with a third for ’50 tones. (more…)

Posted in Newswire | Leave a comment

T-Rex Intros Alberta II Dual Overdrive, Fuel Tank Goliath

 

The T-Rex Effects Alberta II Dual Overdrive lets the user set two drive tones while staying true to the sound, practicality, and size of the original. Channel 2 has a slightly more-open, punchy sound, for a little more pick-attack and push, but with the same voice (more…)

Posted in Newswire | Leave a comment

Taylor Pledges Guitars to Little Kids Rock

 

Taylor Guitars has pledged 300 guitars to Little Kids Rock, a nonprofit provider of free lessons and instruments to underprivileged children in U.S. public schools. The guitars will be distributed to schools across the nation; the first 40 were unveiled at PS (more…)

Posted in Newswire | Leave a comment

Vanguard Releases Sweet Relief III Benefit Album

 

Vanguard Records’ Sweet Relief III:  Pennies From Heaven is the third compilation featuring new recordings by artists including Ben Harper, Jackson Browne, Shelby Lynne, Victoria Williams, Ron Sexsmith, Rickie Lee Jones, and others in support of the Sweet Relief Musicians Fund, which provides (more…)

Posted in Newswire | Leave a comment

Folk Legend Richie Havens Passes

 

Renowned folk singer and guitarist Havens passed away April 22 after suffering a heart attack at his home. He was 72. Known for his hard-driving rhythmic style of play and use of open tunings that saw him bar the entire fretboard to change notes, Havens rose to prominence thanks largely to his appearance at the […]

Posted in Newswire | Leave a comment

Rock to the Rescue Raffling Guitar for Boston Charities

 

The Midwest Rock ‘N Roll Express tour with Styx, REO Speedwagon, and Ted Nugent, is teaming with the Rock to the Rescue charity organization raffle a guitar signed by all three acts; 75% of the proceeds will be donated to a charity in Boston to help victims of the recent explosions. The remaining 25% will be […]

Posted in Newswire | Leave a comment

Black Cat Introduces OD-Boost

 

Black Cat Pedals’ OD-Boost is a hand-wired, dual channel overdrive/boost pedal that combines Black Cat’s circuit OD-1 with a clean-boost circuit. The channels can be used individually or simultaneously. The user can select the order in which the channels are stacked. It’s housed in a (more…)

Posted in Newswire | Leave a comment

10th Annual Guitar Show and Jam Tone fest 2014 (Timmy 2 Tone Tone production)

 

5/1/2011

at the All Around Bar and Grill, 25621 Ecorse Rd, Taylor, MI 48180. Show hours 1:00-11:00 pm, featuring the band SRP. For more info, contact tnoffsinger7277@wowway.com or (313) 258-1624.

Posted in Upcoming Events | Comments closed

Greater Southwest Guitar Show

 

(more…)

Posted in Shows | Tagged | Leave a comment