Orange Amplifiers is helping organize the Music Aid for Joplin online auction of musical equipment, to benefit Glory Days Music Store, a music retailer destroyed by a recent tornado in Joplin, Missouri.
“We have seen the heartbreaking tragedy that has taken place… and we would like to do something in the spirit of that special relationship that exists between the U.S.A. and the U.K.,” said Cliff Cooper, CEO of Orange Amplification.
Orange will donate a a limited-edition Union Jack half-stack amplifier and is helping coordinate support from other M.I. manufacturers/suppliers. Among the items committed to the sale so far are:
• a Sabian Paragon Crash cymbal signed by Rush’s Neil Peart, personalized with the winner’s name
• a Sabian leather jacket
• Orange CR50BXT bass amp, signed by Rush’s Geddy Lee, personalized with the winner’s name
• Yamaha Gigmaker five-piece drum set with hardware and Paiste 101 cymbals
• Yamaha A Series acoustic/electric guitar
• Sierra Guitars Sunrise Auditorium acoustic guitar
The auction begins July 18 and ends August 24 at FameBureau.com.