210

Rock to the Rescue Raffling Guitar for Boston Charities

 

The Midwest Rock ‘N Roll Express tour with Styx, REO Speedwagon, and Ted Nugent, is teaming with the Rock to the Rescue charity organization raffle a guitar signed by all three acts; 75% of the proceeds will be donated to a charity in Boston to help victims of the recent explosions. The remaining 25% will be given to local charities in the respective tour market.

Spearheaded by Styx gutiarist/vocalist Tommy Shaw’s daughter, Hannah, Rock to the Rescue is a 501(c)3 non-profit whose mission is to build communities through the support of grassroots organizations across the country.  At every Styx tour date, Rock to the Rescue partners with a local group to give back through community outreach, fundraising, and volunteer support.

Rock to the Rescue started in 2001 as a result of the 9/11 terrorist attacks and is the brainchild of Tommy Shaw and REO Speedwagon singer/keyboardist/guitarist Kevin Cronin. Its Volunteers For America concert events in Dallas and Atlanta raised more than $775,000 for victims of 9/11, as well as the Port Authority police department in New York City.  For more, go to  www.rocktotherescue.net.

This entry was posted in Newswire. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.
Add Comment Register



Post a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.